The UAE Ministry of Economy discusses common economic challenges brought about by COVID-19 with the European Union
- The Ministry of Economy participates in a video conference with Trade Counsellors of the European Union Member States
- Al Kait: “At the root of all this tragedy, of COVID-19, is the “shared responsibility” of the international community and the leveraging of extensive dialogue between the public and private sectors as an opportunity to ensure complementarities and synergies.”
- Wide spectrum of opportunities to boost bilateral trade between the UAE and the EU
- EU countries are UAE’s most important source of food commodities, as the EU acquires more than 15 per cent of UAE’s total imports from the world.
- More than 43 per cent of UAE’s imports of COVID-19 medical supplies come from EU countries