APICORP: MENA energy investments to exceed USD805bnover next five years
- APICORP’s latest MENA energy investment outlook sees a modestUSD13 bn rise in committed and planned energy investment compared to previous year’s outlook
- Renewables claim a significant share of almost 40% the estimated USD250 bn in power sector investments
- Committed Gas investments projected to fall byUSD9.5 bnto USD75 billion after completion ofseveral megaprojects in 2020.
- An evolution in regulations is needed for MENA region to realize its energy storage potential
- Additional capacity – particularly from renewables – will make power trading a more commercially viable option in MENA
- MENA can emerge as a major blue and green hydrogen-exporting regionthanks to low-cost gas resources and strong renewable energy progress.