Popeyes® opens in Al Ain’s Al Bawadi Mall
- Diners in Al Ain are excited to have the joy of Louisiana fried chicken for the first time in their hometown.
United Arab Emirates – September 12, 2022: The wait is over for the fans of Popeyes® Louisiana Kitchen in Al Ain. Now they can enjoy Popeyes’ one-of-a-kind chicken recipe with Louisiana-inspired seasonings, freshly prepared, marinated for at least 12 hours, battered and breaded by hand, then slow cooked to perfection using a proprietary cooking technique to offer a juicy-on-the-inside, crispy-on-the outside chicken at Al Bawadi Mall.
This is the first Popeyes to open in Al Ain with its premise in the food court on the first floor of Al Bawadi Mall. Popeyes’ menu includes Cajun fries and the legendary Buttermilk Biscuit, (which is a freshly baked specialty of Popeyes) along with the wide variety of delicious Signature Sides at their local shopping spot.
“The celebration of Popeyes 50th global anniversary continues with our newest location, in a new part of the UAE. Popeyes has been in high demand in Al Ain for a long time. So, it has been a joy to open our newest store in Al Bawadi Mall. It is wonderful to see the excitement of diners who finally have access to the distinct menu. Their sentiment is clearly expressed with the ongoing orders and the kitchen working non-stop,” expressed Gaurav Arora, Chief Executive Officer, Maristo Hospitality, franchisee partner in the UAE.
For more information and to discover what’s on the menu, visit http://www.popeyesuae.com and follow #PopeyesUAE
Where did Popeyes get its’ name?
- Everyone thinks Popeyes got its name from the spinach-loving cartoon character, but the name actually came from a famous fictional 1970’s detective. Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle, the fictional lead character of the movie, The French Connection, is the real inspiration behind the brand name.
Popeyes around the world
- Popeyes currently has restaurants in more than 25 countries.
What makes Popeyes so unique?
- Popeyes founder, Al Copeland, created a one-of-a-kind chicken recipe that is marinated in Louisiana-inspired seasonings, then hand battered, breaded and fried – creating a juicy-on-the-inside, crispy-on-the outside chicken Guests have been craving for more than 50 years.
- Popeyes has proprietary seasonings that are used to marinate the chicken for 12 hours, creating the richly seasoned flavors in both the mild and spicy versions.
Spice… and all things nice
- At Popeyes, flavor is everything! The Popeyes chicken recipe is based on a 300-year-old culinary tradition, which incorporates a fusion of cooking styles, a rich blend of proprietary seasoning and spices sourced from around the globe.
- Popeyes offers both well-seasoned mild chicken, as well as a more spicy chicken option that diners in the UAE are bound to love.
Founded in New Orleans in 1972, POPEYES® has more than 50 years of history and culinary tradition. Popeyes distinguishes itself with a unique New Orleans style menu featuring spicy chicken, chicken tenders, fried shrimp, and other regional items. The chain’s passion for its Louisiana heritage and flavorful authentic food has allowed Popeyes to become one of the world’s largest chicken quick service restaurants with over 3,700 restaurants in the U.S. and around the world.
About Maristo Hospitality
Maristo Hospitality was established in 2021 with the aim establishing popular casual dining concepts, creating a cloud kitchen and hub for F&B concepts as well as to introduce new franchises into the United Arab Emirates. Currently, Maristo Hospitality is the owner and operator of Ralph’s Kitchen, Sisi’s Eatery and is a franchisee for Popeyes®. It is a subsidiary of Ring Holding.