14 February 2022, Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Calling all comic, gaming, and pop culture fans! The Little Things, a unique retail experience store offering a wide range of anime and superhero figures and figurines; Manga &comics; gaming consoles and accessories; model kits; trading card games; pop-culture associated merchandise, invites you to meet your favorite characters, watch exclusive performances, and test your superpowers at this year’s Middle East Film and Comic Con in Abudhabi from March 4th-6th, 2022.
The Little Things will be showcasing an exclusive range of collections, ranging from small collectibles & toys to larger-than-life statues & works of art, in one of the most prominent spots at this year’s Middle East Film & Comic Con, right at the heart of the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC) Halls 8 & 9.
Participating brands include: –
- : Bandai’s subsidiary MegaHouse Corporation manufactures confectioneries, board games, and capsule toys, as well as toys and figurines under the MegaToy label. MegaHouse also owns the Rubik’s Cube license in Japan and has created several variations of the toy specifically for Japanese consumers.
- : Tsume SA was founded in Luxembourg in 2010 by Cyril Marchiol. As a pioneer in its field, the company creates and sells high-end collectible statues under official licenses from the Manga Universe, Japanese Animation, Video Games, and Cinema. Tsume has earned the trust of several major manga and anime corporations around the world, including Shueisha, Toei Animation, TV Tokyo, and Kodansha to name a few.
- : tokidoki (“sometimes” in Japanese) is a Japanese-inspired lifestyle brand founded in 2006 by Italian artist Simone Legno and his business partners Pooneh Mohajer and Ivan Arnold. They make clothing, footwear, accessories, and other products with art and cartoon characters. The logo was designed by Simone Legno. Their toy lines include Cactus Friends, Donutella and Her Sweet Friends, Unicorno, Moofia, Mermicorno, Til Death, and Punkstar.
- : The mission of Good Smile Company has been to support creators and bring Japanese pop culture to the world, while also stimulating the figurine industry. Following the opening of new locations in the United States and China, Good Smile Company is working to spread each region’s pop culture throughout the world, including Japan. Good Smile Company strives to expand their figure, anime, and game operations, as well as their support services, to reach as many people as possible for as long as possible.
- : Banpresto Co., Ltd. is a toy company based in Shinagawa Seaside West, Tokyo, that was founded by a former Japanese game developer and publisher. The current iteration was formed in April 2008 with the intention of focusing on the toy consumer business.
Hassan Tamimi, Managing Director of The Little Things, commented, “The Middle East Film and Comic Con is the most anticipated, popular event in this region, and we are delighted to participate in this convention and showcase our unique offerings at The Little Things. Our priority is to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests, regardless of their age. For us, the Middle East Film and Comic Con appeals to both gaming junkies and die-hard fans of comics and pop culture, and it is the ideal venue for meeting and interacting with our guests.“
The Little Things has been a strong supporter of local pop-culture communities most especially the trading card games community. The Little Things Mercato Mall is The Little Thing’s official Trading Card Games store. With a dedicated room with tables, chairs, and lockers, TCG players all around Dubai will surely enjoy meeting and playing with other TCG players from all over UAE.
Besides its store at the Dubai Mall, Mall of Emirates and Mercato Mall, The Little Things also has an outlet at Bluewaters Island in Dubai. The company aims to expand its reach to different areas in Dubai in the future.