ATLANTIS, THE PALM INVITES GUESTS TO KEEP THE FESTIVE SEASON ALIVE AND ENJOY A JUBILANT ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS FILLED WITH FOOD AND FESTIVITIES
In celebration of Orthodox Christmas, Atlantis, The Palm will be hosting special culinary experiences across six restaurants
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – While some may be putting away the Christmas tree and saying goodbye to the festive season, many people and communities around the world still have the holiday to look forward to on 7th January. In celebration of Orthodox Christmas, Atlantis The Palm will be hosting special culinary experiences at Nobu, Ronda Locatelli, Seafire Steakhouse, Ossiano, Saffron and Ayamna as well as a host of activities and experiences.
With Orthodox Christmas Day 2022 taking place in countries including Greece, Belarus, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Russia, and Ukraine on the 7th January – while some countries, such as Armenia, observe Christmas Day on the 6th January – Atlantis, The Palm is welcoming friends and families from across the globe to celebrate the traditions of the season. Guests can enjoy menus crafted especially for the occasion, along with music and visits from Ded Moroz (Father Frost).
Ded Moroz (Father Frost) at The Lost Chambers Aquarium
Ded Moroz (Father Frost) will greet visitors at The Lost Chambers Aquarium from 1st January to 7th January. The main festive character will congratulate children and adults amongst 65,000 marine animals.
- Date: 1st January to 7th January 2022
- Timings: 11:00am-1:00pm
Christmas Party at Kids Club
Fun family activities await guests at the Russian Christmas Party in the underwater theatre at Atlantis Kid’s Club. On the festive evening young guests and their parents can enjoy entertainment including the Horovod dance, snowball fight, a fashion catwalk with Ded Moroz, and a special screening of Masha and The Bear.
- Date: 7th January 2022
- Timings: 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- Price: AED 250 per child
Christmas Shop at The Ambassador Lagoon
Poseidon’s Court will be transformed into a Christmas Shop of delicious treats. From traditional cakes, mince pies, and cookies, to decadent gift hampers and gingerbread houses, we have something for everyone.
- Date: 25th December 2021 to 7th January 2022
- Timings: 8:00am – 9:00pm (11:00pm on Friday and Saturday)
Orthodox Christmas at Nobu
There’s a brand-new Orthodox Christmas experience in town courtesy of award-winning Japanese restaurant Nobu. Executive chef Damien Duviau has curated very special dishes for the occasion, with highlights including King crab with caviar tofu cream sauce, wood oven roasted rock lobster shiso salsa, and grilled salmon with cilantro jalapeno miso. Desserts are equally luxurious, featuring chocolate Satandagi and miso honey cake. Dishes will be complemented by a premium spirits and wine list as well as Nobu’s Hokusetsu sake and innovative cocktails. Because music has always been part of the festive celebrations, guests will also enjoy a live music set from Nobu’s resident DJ.
- Date: 25th December 2021 to 10th January 2022
- Timings: 6:00pm – 11:00pm
- Guests must be 10 years or older to dine after 8:00pm
- Prices: From AED 110 to AED 995
- Entertainment: Resident DJ
Orthodox Christmas at Ronda Locatelli
Russian inspired festive favourites are being served up at Ronda Locatelli from 1st to 15th January. Guests can enjoy a unique dish of tagliolini al caviale – a perfect combination of homemade pasta with clams, vinegar and Kristar Kaviari caviar. The dish is available à la carte alongside Ronda Locatelli’s extensive menu of Italian classics, including an incredible wine and cocktail list.
- Date: 1st – 15th January 2022
- Timings: 6:00pm – 10:00pm (11:00pm on Friday and Saturday)
- Price: AED 260 tagliolini al caviale
- Entertainment: A playlist of Italian pop music in the background
Orthodox Christmas at Seafire Steakhouse
Caviar will be placed front and center at Seafire Steakhouse in celebration of Orthodox Christmas. With a special collaboration with Kaviari premium caviar, diners can enjoy three types of caviar – kristal, oscietra, beluga – tasted alongside an amazing seafood tower. Guests can also enjoy the most comprehensive wine list within Atlantis, The Palm with top labels from both the old and new world.
- Date: 1st – 10th January 2022
- Timings: 6:00pm – 11:00pm, Wednesday – Monday, closed on Tuesday
- Prices: AED 850 for the Premium Seafood Tower with an add on of Kaviari caviar selection:
- Kristal: AED 700 for 30 gr / AED 1250 for 50 gr
- Oscietra: AED 1,000 for 30 gr / AED 1,750 for 50 gr
- Beluga: AED 2,600 for 30 gr / AED 4,150 for 50 gr
- Entertainment: Live music
Orthodox Christmas at Ossiano
Ossiano, Dubai’s award-winning underwater restaurant, invites guests to enhance the dining experience with a carefully selected premium range of caviar by Kaviari. Beautifully matured in their Parisian cellars, this caviar is sure to impress foodies and surprise the taste buds. Served alongside Chef Christopher Malone’s 7-course culinary journey, there is no doubt it will make for a memorable experience.
- Date: 5th – 11th January 2022
- Timings: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Price: Caviar starts from AED 700
- Entertainment: Resident DJ
Orthodox Christmas Dinner at Saffron
Saffron is inviting guests to enjoy the coolest contemporary Orthodox Christmas celebration in town. The menu will consist of traditional dishes with exotic ingredients and delicious flavours, including Russian (Olivier) and Kraboviy salads, roasted whole duck with apples and, salmon coulibiac – the original Russian fish pie. The real celebration starts with the dessert menu featuring Christmas stollen, logcakes and an endless creation of chocolate cake pops. With a fun atmosphere and entertainment including a live DJ and an appearance from Ded Moroz, AKA Father Frost or Santa Claus, accompanied by Snegurochka (the snow maiden), it promises to be a night to remember for both kids and adults!
- Date: Thursday, 6th January and Friday, 7th January 2022
- Timings: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Price: AED 255 per adult, including water
- Price: AED 127.50 per person ages 4 to 11 years old, children under 3 years old eat for free
- Regular and premium beverage lists will be available
- Entertainment: Russian DJ set, special appearance from Ded Moroz (Santa Claus) and his snow maiden Snegurochka
Orthodox Christmas at Ayamna
To mark the festive occasion, Ayamna will be serving three special dishes on the menu, including a mixed grill with lamb kofta, shish taouk, lamb chops and tiger prawns; whole roasted lobster with caviar, tahina, shader cheese and saffron Zaatar sauce; and a rack of lamb with burghul bill bandura, roasted onion and lamb jus. The drink of the night will be a delicious mulled wine cocktail – a traditional mix of red wine with various spices, it is a true treat to enjoy on the night.
- Date: Friday, 7th January 2022
- Timings: 6:00pm – 12:00am
- Prices à la carte:
- Ayamna mixed grill – AED 520
- Roasted lobster with caviar – AED 500
- Rack of lamb – AED 290
- Mulled Wine Cocktail – AED 65
- Entertainment: Oud player
Why Are There Two Christmases?
In 45 BC, Julius Caesar of Rome created the Julian calendar. According to this calendar, Christmas falls 13 days after the “other” Christmas that takes place on 25th December. But they both celebrate the same thing. Orthodox Christians still use this calendar today for religious holidays. For countries like Egypt, Greece, Russia and Ukraine, Orthodox Christmas Day is a public holiday. Many Orthodox Christians throughout the world also celebrate the day.
For Orthodox Christmas reservations, please call + 971 4 426 2626.