Arab megastar Kadim Al Sahir to lift curtain on Expo 2020 Dubai’s Infinite Nights shows, with stellar line-up of music across six months
- Exciting calendar of internationally renowned music stars to be announced soon
- ‘Infinite Nights’will capture imaginations globally and unite world through music
- Innovative ‘phygital’ performances with purpose inspired byExpo’s themes values
DUBAI, 7September 2021 – A star-studded line-up of global and regional performers will headline Expo 2020 Dubai, with Arab singing sensation Kadim Al Sahir kickstarting the spectacular Infinite Nights series on 15 October 2021.
Infinite Nights will thrill audiences both physically anddigitally,uniting the world through the power of music with a host of celebrated artists performing live from Al Wasl Plaza, with the concertsstreamed to a global audience*.
Theseinnovative ‘phygital’ show experiences, featuring state-of-the-art entertainment technology, will see several top-tierartists bringtheir unique energy, creativity, vision and values to the mega-event, complementingExpo’s subthemes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability.
Al Wasl Plaza – the beating heart of Expo 2020 and home to the world’s largest 360-degree projection surface – will stage all performances, while Expo ticketholders will also be able to watch the dazzling spectacles via supersized screens at Expo’s Dubai Millennium Amphitheatre and Jubilee Park.
Lubna Haroun, Vice President, Moment Makers, Expo 2020 Dubai, said: “We are delighted to announce Expo’s Infinite Nights – a series of innovative, unique concerts featuring leading artists from around the world. These thrilling performances with purpose feature the artists’ unique musical perspectives on our Expo 2020 Dubaithemes in a global celebration of creativity, diversity and culture.”
One of the most successful artists in the history of the Arab world, ‘Caesar of Arabic Song’ Kadim Al Sahir will fly the flag for the entire region. Celebrating the first World Expo in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA), he will honour the rich legacy of Arabic music under Expo 2020’s Opportunity subtheme, inspiring future generations as he performs his biggest classical and pop hits. The show will be featured onexpo2020dubai.com, Expo TV on YouTube and available worldwide across multiple channels.
Kadim Al Sahir said: “I am excited to be back in front of an audienceafter a two-year break, to open the Infinite Nightsseries from the heart of Expo 2020 Dubai. This isa wonderful opportunity to unite the world through musicand song, andcelebrateouraccomplishments. I am honoured to be part of this incredible global event that will bring the world together,andI promise you it will be a great night.”
More information on the dates and times for each performancewill be revealed soon at www.expo2020dubai.com.
Infinite Nights will take place throughout Expo 2020, which runs from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, welcoming visitors to join the making of a new world through a six-month celebration of human creativity, innovation, progress and culture, where music will be a unifying, uplifting force.
About Expo 2020 Dubai
From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, Expo 2020 Dubai will welcome visitors from every corner of the globe to join the making of a new world, as it brings together the planet in one place to reimagine tomorrow.
- With the purpose of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’, Expo 2020 will be the world’s most impactful global incubator for new ideas, catalysing an exchange of new perspectives and inspiring action to deliver real-life solutions to real-world challenges
- Expo 2020 will be the biggest cultural gathering in the world, presenting a visually striking and emotionally inspiring 182 days, as more than 200 participants – including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses, and educational institutions, as well as millions of visitors – create the largest and most diverse World Expo ever
- Expo 2020’s subthemes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to preserve and protect our planet, explore new frontiers and build a better future for everyone
- For six months, Expo 2020 will be a must-visit family destination, with thousands of events, amazing exploratory experiences, and free entry for children up to age 18
- Expo is committed to building a more equitable and just world for everyone, while keeping visitors safe by following the latest guidance of the world’s leading medical, science and health experts
- Expo 2020 is the first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region, located on a 4.38 sqkm site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- Built with a meaningful and measurable long-term legacy in mind, the Expo site will transform into District 2020 – a model global community that will rethink the cities of the future – after Expo 2020 closes its doors