WIZZ AIR LAUNCHES PILOT RECRUITMENT DRIVE ACROSS NETWORK–4,600 NEW PILOTS TO BE HIRED UNTIL 2030
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 8 August 2021: Wizz Air, Europe’s fastest growing airline, today announcesit is ramping up pilot recruitment across its network, with plans to hire 4,600 new pilots by 2030. The airline has already trained over 150 additional pilots in order to fly over 100% of pre-Covid capacity this summer and aims to recruitover 300 more by the end of this year as it looks to meet its ambitious growth plans following the pandemic. Enthusiastic candidates who have always dreamed of a career in the sky can apply online https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/career/pilots
Pilots joining Wizz Air will have the opportunity to operate the airline’s constantly growing fleet of young, modern and sustainable Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft on over 800 routes, to 191 destinations in 49 countries. Wizz Air is committed to more than tripling the size of its fleet, with 500 Airbus aircraft expected in the next ten years, creating a wealth of opportunities for pilots looking for rapid career progression, a competitive salary, industry-leading training and development, an indefinite and secure contract, and a variety of flexible and fixed roster patterns.
Wizz Air welcomes applications from experienced captains and first officers as well as those with no flying experience at all, thanks to its Wizz Air Pilot Academy Program which gives aspiring pilots the opportunity to obtain a commercial pilot’s license. Besides intense pilot recruitment, Wizz Air continues to recruit cabin crew members across its 43 bases to meet its growth plans.
New recruits joining Wizz Air do so at an exciting time of continued growth for the airline, having opened 18 new bases and commencedover 300 new routes across its network in the past year alone.
Heiko Holm, Chief Operations Officer of Wizz Airsaid:“We are pleased to be recruiting for thousands of new pilot positions at an exciting time for Wizz Air, as we continue to grow our presence across Europe and beyond. At WIZZ, we are proud of the excellent opportunities, competitive salary, and compensation and benefits package available to our flight crew, as well as flexible and fixed roster patterns to allow for an improved work-life balance. Whether a seasoned pilot with 20 years’ experience, or an aspiring pilot with no previous aviation experience, we are committed to supporting our crew with a clear career path and opportunities to quickly develop. For ambitious candidates looking to join a fantastic team and work for one of the fastest growing airlines in Europe, don’t hesitate to apply today!”
About Wizz Air
Wizz Air, the fastest growing European low-cost airline, operates a fleet of 142 Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft. A team of dedicated aviation professionals delivers superior service and very low fares, making Wizz Air the preferred choice of 40 million passengers in the financial year F20 ending 31 March 2020. Wizz Air is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker WIZZ. The company was recently named one of the world’s top ten safest airlines by airlineratings.com, the world’s only safety and product rating agency, and 2020 Airline of the Year by ATW, the most coveted honour an airline or individual can receive, recognizing individuals and organizations that have distinguished themselves through outstanding performance, innovation, and superior service
About Wizz Air Abu Dhabi:
Wizz Air, the fastest growing European low-cost airline, operates a fleet of 140 Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft. A team of dedicated aviation professionals delivers superior service and very low fares, making Wizz Air the preferred choice of 10.2 million passengers in the financial year ending 31 March 2021. Wizz Air is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker WIZZ. The company was recently named one of the world’s top ten safest airlines by airlineratings.com, the world’s only safety and product rating agency, and 2020 Airline of the Year by ATW, the most coveted honour an airline or individual can receive, and a most sustainable company in the airline industry in 2021 by World Finance Magazine.
- All Wizz Air flights are operated on Airbus A320 aircraft, with 180 seats and A321 aircraft with 230 seats and Airbus A320neo aircraft with 186 seats and Airbus A321neo aircraft with 239 seats
- Wizz Air has introduced a range of enhanced hygiene measures which include; cabin crew and passengers are required to wear facemasks, cabin crew are required to wear gloves, onboard purchases are encouraged to be made by contactless payment, passengers are requested to follow physical distancing measures and all purchases are encouraged to be made online prior to the flight.
- HEPA filters on all Wizz Air aircraft already filter out 99.97% of viruses and bacteria from the air and all aircraft are regularly put through an industry-leading disinfection process with an antiviral solution and, following WIZZ’s stringent daily cleaning schedule, all of the airline’s aircraft are further disinfected overnight with the same antiviral solution.
- For more information on the enhanced health and hygiene measures, please see here.
- For free pictures of aircraft, crews and logo library please visit http://wizzair.com/en-GB/press