Palm Jumeirah: world’s largest fountain turns green for St. Patrick’s Day with spectacular Riverdance show
- Celebrations at The Pointe held in partnership with Tourism Ireland’s Greening of the World initiative
- Exciting offers across a wealth of dining outlets at waterfront destination, 17-20 March
Dubai, UAE – 9 March 2021: Get ready to go glorious green at The Pointe, Dubai’s premier lifestyle and dining destination on Palm Jumeirah, as The Palm Fountain, the world’s largest fountain, participates in Tourism Ireland’s Global Greening initiative.
On 17 March, The Palm Fountain will join hundreds of iconic landmarks and sites across 55 countries around the world to light up in green as part of Tourism Ireland’s celebrations. The Palm Fountain will sway to the tunes of the festivities’ signature track – Riverdance by Bill Whelan. The show will start at 7pm and will be repeated every hour.
The Palm Monorail will also light up in green as part of the celebrations.
Visitorsto The Pointe can indulge in a plethora of exciting St. Patrick’s Day dining options and happy hour offers across a variety of eateries including:
Hook & Cook
- What’s a better way to spend St. Patrick’s Day than munching on fish and chips and enjoying a cold brew?
- Visit Hook & Cook on 17 March and enjoy fish and chipswith a brew for AED115/person.
- For bookings, call: +971 4 244 3214
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day the Italian way at The Pointe’s Donna Carmela. Indulge in exceptional tastes and iced drinks with an exquisite view of The Palm Fountain.
- For bookings call: +971 4 576 2775
- Celebrate the Greek way at The Pointe’s Aiza, with chicken souvlaki, Baklava and delicious beverages.
- For bookings call: +971 4 575 5097
- For those fancying a 360 Japanese cultural experience, head to KYO to indulge in a sunset menu happy hour on 17 of March from 3pm to 6pm for drinks and delicious Japanese delicacies.
- For bookings call:+971 4 557 5182
- Spend the night celebrating with friends and family at Chuan and enjoy scrumptious Chinese food with your favourite chilled drinks facing the fountain.
- For bookings call:+971 4 564 3888
- Treat the gang to a unique dining experience at A Cappella and enjoy happy hour drinks starting from only AED25.
- For bookings call:+971 4 589 6788
- For those who love to socialize, visit Phantom House at The Pointe and enjoy happy hour offers every day from 5pm.
- For bookings call: +971 4 589 6517
- For a great night out, hit Chicago Meatpackers restaurant and lounge for mouth-watering, meat-focused cuisine and enjoy happy hour offers from 5pm to 7:30pm, with AED35 on selected drinks.
- For bookings call: +971 4 580 7983
- Lovers of Mexican food and a fun night out can mark St. Patrick’s Day with bold flavours, textures and colours, as well as colourful and refreshing drinks.
- For bookings call:+971 4 514 4559
- For those looking for an extraordinary night, try out divine Uzbek cuisine at Zor The Pointe. With rich flavours, ethnic ingredients, and out-of-this-world drinks, your St. Patrick’s Day will be unforgettable.
- For bookings call: +971 4 566 9612
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in style at AKA The Pointe, cyberpunk-inspired Japanese lounge with Asian-inspired menu of sharing plates and high quality cocktails.
- For bookings call:+971 4 578 05 55
- Celebrate this occasion with a mouth-watering fusion of French and Russian cuisines at Matroshka Bistro & Jardin. Don’t forget to try out the exquisite and unique drinks from 1pm to 2am.
- For bookings call: +971 4 575 5097
The Pointe is an iconic waterfront dining and entertainment destination managed by Nakheel Malls.
Located on the trunk of Palm Jumeirah, it is home to The Palm Fountain, the Guinness World Records™ title holder of the world’s largest fountain, which offers spectacular daily shows to visitors and residents from 6pm onward.
The Pointe comprises a publicly accessible pristine beach area for hours of fun under the sun and a 1.5-kilometre promenade for sporting activities and leisurely strolls. The pet-friendly destination spans 1.4 million square feet and offers round-the-clock entertainment, fine dining and lifestyle offerings including Nakheel Malls’ gourmet food hall concept Food District. The Pointe is also home to Reel Cinemas featuring a dine-in experience by culinary star Guy Fieri, Cheeky Monkeys’ flagship kids’ play concept, a children’s playground, a Union COOP supermarket, gyms and fitness centres, beauty salons and unique gifting concepts.
Car parking facilities can accommodate up to 1,400 vehicles and The Pointe monorail station is set to inaugurate soon.
About Nakheel Malls (www.nakheel.com)
Nakheel Malls owns and operates a diverse range of world-class retail experiences with a distinct portfolio of iconic lifestyle, shopping, dining and entertainment destinations across Dubai. Its strong heritage has been a driving force behind its well-established footprint, which spans 1.4 million square metres of gross leasable space. Nakheel Malls’ 14 developments and 5,000 retailers together shape the lifestyle of 90 million customers every year.
The Palm Jumeirah – Nakheel’s award-winning, world-famous landmark and a symbol of the UAE’s ambition and creativity – is home to The View at The Palm, Nakheel Mall, Golden Mile Galleria, The Pointe, the world’s largest fountain The Palm Fountain, Club Vista Mare, Palm West Beach and The Palm Monorail, a celebration of enhanced lifestyle experiences for residents and tourists alike. Its exclusive franchises include gourmet food hall concept Depachika and Food District.
Nakheel Malls’ expanding portfolio is a testament to its creative spirit that reflects people’s aspirations. It includes distinguished, large-scale shopping centres such as Ibn Battuta Mall, Dragon Mart (which launched its e-commerce platform in partnership with DP World in 2020), the Pavilion Community Centres located across six Nakheel residential communities and waterfront trading hub Souk Al Marfa, in partnership with DP World. Upcoming projects include Souk Warsan and Circle Mall.
Nakheel Malls is the retail arm of world-leading master developer Nakheel.