OPPO Celebrates ‘Love’ for Technology this Valentine’s Day
A time to acknowledge not just ‘who’ but also ‘what’ makes your world go round
Dubai, UAE, 10 February 2021 – There are several reasons to celebrate Valentine’s Day, from romance and admiration, to friendship and love. This Valentine’s Day does not need to be only about love for people; it is a great opportunity to celebrate everything that one is grateful for.
Global technology leader, OPPO, celebrates a love that is shared by millions around the world – love for technology. OPPO stays close to its customers and is inspired by their passions. Offering a wide range of smart devices including smartphones, wireless headphones and a smart watch, OPPO is listening to its customers every day and has a deep understanding of their love for technology.
According to a nationwide survey, consumers in the UAE spend six hours a day on their smartphones (Source: YouGov/Omnibus), which is more than many other countries in the world. OPPO shares six reasons why consumers love their smartphones so much:
- Smartphones give people more time for themselves. Every smartphone is equipped with a host of apps, planners and schedulers to help organize consumers’ lives and give them more free time. For a smartphone to be truly able to save time, speed is of essence. OPPO’s latest Reno4 Series is equipped with the Qualcomm integrated 5G processors and high refresh rates delivering quick response time. The series’ most advanced version, the OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G’s powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor, 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, ensure a lag-free experience. In addition, 5G’s AI APP Preloading feature intelligently predicts what app you will use next and preloads it for you so that it opens faster and saves time.
- Smartphones help people stay in touch. New-age network and connectivity capabilities bring the world into the palm of a hand. The commercialization of 5G that started in 2020 was timely especially as the global pandemic forced people to stay indoors and connect with the outside world only through digital channels. OPPO launched no less than three 5G phones in 2020, delivering unprecedented clarity in video calls to loved ones, easy access to office networks and uninterrupted conference calls and work meetings. The OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G comes with a large 4,000mAh battery that delivers a full day of use. For additional power, OPPO’s SuperVOOC 2.0 fast flash charging at 65W, enables a full charge in just 36 minutes. Its 360° Surround Antenna 2.0, smart antenna switching, and intelligent network selection technology adjusts the layout of the 4G/5G antenna, optimizes the network connection under a weak signal environment, and improves the upload and download speed of the 5G network for smooth 5G connectivity.
- Smartphones help people look smarter. Everyone likes to make a good impression. Consumers love smartphones that make them look good in front of their peers. OPPO Reno4 series is packed with Artificial Intelligence features that make users look smarter. The Reno4 Pro’s AI Color Portrait photography and videography feature, for example, turns an amateur into a pro photographer. It is able to detect and highlight a person in vibrant color, while turning the background into black and white. The Reno4’s Smart AirControl allows users to scroll up and down within apps and answer calls with a suave swiping motion of the hand. For the ultimate trendy look, each model in the Reno4 series comes in vibrant colour options. OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G also offers a patented ‘Reno Glow’ finish on its Galactic Blue color that gives the phone a matte finish with subtle glittery detail.
- Smartphones make sure people have fun. One device holds it all – games, movies, TV shows, entertainment. There’s nothing quite like entertainment on-the-go and all one needs is a smartphone that is equipped with the hardware, software and connectivity to get started. OPPO’s Reno4 Pro 5G offers not only a powerful processor for high-end gaming but also reliable 5G connectivity for a smooth experience. The phone’s Dolby Atmos® Dual Stereo Speakers add an immersive feel, while the vibrant AMOLED 6.5-inch, 3D curved screen gives a near-cinema experience. Moreover, the Reno4 Pro 5G also boasts a dedicated gaming mode.
- Smartphones make life greener. Buying reams of paper to print documents is a thing of the past. Smartphones make it easy to save, retrieve and read any reading material within mere seconds. OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G’s AMOLED 6.5-inch, 3D curved, Borderless Sense screen makes for comfortable viewing. Its 90Hz display refresh rate and up to 180Hz touch sampling rate not only facilitate smoother transitions without lag, but also register finger touches near-instantly when swiping through a document or browsing a favorite social network.
- Smartphones hold memories. Whether it is a selfie with friends, videos of kids at play or a family portrait, smartphones help consumers to capture precious memories quickly and easily. With the most advanced camera features packed into one handy device, consumers are increasingly using their smartphones not just for photos and videos but for amateur movies as well. OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G brings groundbreaking imaging technology with its four camera lenses – a 48MP main camera, a custom-built Sony 12MP ultra wide-angle video lens, a 13MP telephoto lens and a 32MP selfie camera – loaded with the latest features for shooting in any situation or lighting.
Tarek Zaki – Senior Product Manager, OPPO MEA said, “In today’s ultra-connected world, the smartphone is at the heart of people’s lives. We are always close to our customers and ensure that we understand what they need from their devices. At OPPO, we believe that the purpose of innovation is people. Guided by this principle, we strive to innovate technologies that are made with heart and soul, delivered in smart devices that our customers will love for the transformation that it brings to their lives.”
Indulge your love for technology and get the OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G this Valentine’s Day. Available at key retailers and e-commerce platform across the UAE, priced at AED 2,499.
For more details, please contact
Sr. PR & Communication Manager – GCC
OPPO is a leading global technology brand since 2004, dedicated to providing products that seamlessly combines art and innovative technology.
OPPO is on a mission to building a multiple-access smart device ecosystem for the era of intelligent connectivity. The smartphone devices have simply been a gateway for OPPO to deliver a diverse portfolio of smart and frontier technologies in hardware, software and system. In 2019, OPPO launched a $7 Billion US Dollar three-year investment plan in R&D to develop core technologies furthering design through technology.
OPPO is firmly pursuing the creation of the best technology products and technological artistry for global users. Based on the brand elements of leading, young and beautiful, OPPO dedicates to the mission of letting the extraordinary users enjoy the beauty of technology.
For the last 10 years, OPPO has focused on manufacturing smartphones with camera capabilities that are second to none. OPPO launched the first mobile phone, the Smile Phone, in 2008, which marked the launch of the brand’s epic journey in exploring and pioneering extraordinary technology. Over the years, OPPO has built a tradition of being number one, which became a reality through inventing the world’s first rotating camera smartphone way back in 2013, launching the world’s then thinnest smartphone in 2014, being the first to introduce 5X Zoom ‘Periscope’ camera technology and developing the first 5G commercial smartphone in Europe.
Today, OPPO was ranked as the number five smartphone brand globally. OPPO brings the aesthetics of technology of global consumers through the ColorOS system Experience, and Internet service like OPPO Cloud and OPPO+.
OPPO’s business covers 40 countries with over six research institutes and five R&D centers across the world, from San Francisco to Shenzhen. OPPO also opened an International Design Centre headquartered in London, driving cutting edge technology that will shape the future not only for smartphones but for intelligent connectivity.
About OPPO MEA
OPPO started its journey in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region in 2015 after setting up its regional office in Egypt. Following the immense success of the brand’s sales centre in Cairo in the first year, OPPO accelerated its expansion plan across the MEA region and inaugurated its country operations in the UAE in 2019. Now OPPO is physically present in more than 13 markets across the region, including Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and the Levant.
To empower its presence in the region in line with its product localisation strategy, OPPO further invested in MENA and set up its very own factory in Algeria in 2017, thus, becoming the first Chinese brand to build a manufacturing premises in North Africa. Based on insights of local consumers in each country, OPPO has evolved the progress of product localisation, taking into consideration several perspectives towards each market, including product localisation, to further meet the core needs of users; marketing localisation, to better communicate with local young customers; and talent localisation, to understand local consumers further and provide an optimum customer service.
Within the last year, OPPO has started to adjust its product line in the Middle East region specifically. This has included the launch of its flagship OPPO Find X Series and the introduction of the OPPO Reno Series. OPPO will continue to evolve its local product line to offer more premium series to consumers in the region.
A forward-thinking international technology company, OPPO strives to be a sustainable company that contributes to a better world and have enacted positive change in every way possible through activating local community initiatives and humanitarian, charity campaigns.