Dyson brings a new look to styling this festive season
A limited edition copper colourway has been unveiled in celebration of the core copper technology powering the Dyson AirwrapTM styler and Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer, available as part of exclusive gift sets.
DUBAI, UAE. 22 NOV 2020. Dyson has launched a limited edition copper colourway of it’s sell out beauty technology – the Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer and Dyson AirwrapTM styler. Available as part of an exclusive gift set paired with a selection of accessories, the tools feature copper accents on the exterior of the machine, paying homage to the cooper elements used to engineer the Dyson digital motor V9.
A core piece of technology powering both machines, the small yet powerful Dyson digital motor V9 is just 27mm wide and sits in the handle, shifting the machine’s centre of gravity and providing balance in the hand. The motor’s 13 blade impeller spins at up to 110,000rpm, generating 3.2kPa of pressure and propelling 13 litres of air every second. This motor technology is combined with Air MultiplierTM technology used to deliver high performing fast drying.
Dyson AirwrapTM styler
At the heart of the Dyson AirwrapTM styler comes a radical idea: harness Dyson’s digital motor to create a phenomenon known as the Coanda effect. The Coanda effect occurs when a high-speed jet of air flows across a surface and, due to differences in pressure, the air flow attaches itself to the surface.
Taking advantage of this principle Dyson’s team of aerodynamicists created a way to style hair using only air combined with heat. The result, whether choosing to curl, wave, smooth or rough dry hair, creates a natural look with a sleek finish, whilst helping prevent extreme heat damage.
Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer
Engineered for different hair types, the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is powerful and fast. The tool uses a fast but focused airflow, is engineered for balance in the hand, is quieter than others and intelligently controls the temperature to help protect hair from extreme heat damage.
Unlike many other traditional hair dryers, the Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer measure air temperature over 40 times a second to regulate temperature output. This prevents extreme heat damage, to help protect hair’s shine.
The limited edition copper colourways are now available for the 2020 festive gifting period. The Dyson Supersonic gift set is priced at AED1,574/ while the Dyson Airwrap complete is priced at AED2,099/. Sets also include a presentation case and copper-edged storage bag, when buying from Dyson Demo Stores and Dyson.ae. Accessories may vary when purchasing from third party retailers.
To buy, learn more and experience Dyson Personal Care technology, visit the Dyson Demo Store in Dubai Mall or the new Mall Demo Store in Dubai Marina Mall. For more information, visit Dyson.ae.
For more information please contact
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Having started in a Coach House near Bath, UK, Dyson has consistently grown since it was established in 1993. Today Dyson is a global technology company with engineering, research, development and testing operations in the UK, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines.
- Dyson directly employs over 14,000 people globally including 6,000 engineers and scientists. Drawing on its global research and development network, Dyson is realising ambitious plans to develop new technologies with global teams focused solid-state battery cells, high-speed electric motors, vision systems, machine learning technologies, and A.I. Investment. Dyson’s in-house robotics team is one of the largest in the UK. Alongside the growing in-house activity, the Dyson Robotics Lab at Imperial College London continues its long-term research program.
- The Dyson Airwrap™ styler launched globally in October 2018 and builds on Dyson’s expertise in hair health and science, and quickly became one of the fastest-selling Dyson products. Building on the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer, it signalled Dyson’s move into hair styling and earned the nickname of “Wrap-star” from Vogue. Adding a third tool to Dyson’s Personal Care category, The Dyson CorraleTM straightener launched in March 2020, the culmination of seven years researching into the science of straightening.
THE DYSON AIRWRAP™STYLER
- One-click attachments + cool tips: A quick-release switch and cool tips allow you to quickly change attachments after styling.
- Airflow direction valve: An airflow direction valve in the smoothing brushes automatically adjusts the airflow to follow the brushing direction, projecting air along the hair strands, for a smooth, blow-dry finish1.
- Symmetry barrels: Clockwise and anti-clockwise barrels for symmetrical curls.
- Negative ions: Help reduce static in the hair during styling.
- Cool shot: To set your style.
- Easy-clean filter: Magnetic, removable and washable, with filter cleaning brush.
- Swivel cable: For ease of movement, at any angle.
- 2-year guarantee: On parts and labour.
- Presentation box: Protects and neatly stores your Dyson Airwrap™ styler and its attachments.
- Launched in October 2018, unveiled by James Dyson
- For more information, visit www.dyson.com or your nearest Dyson Demo Store
THE DYSON CORRALE™STRAIGHTENER
- The only straightener with flexing plates that shape and gather hair
- Engineered to deliver the same desired style with less reliance on heat, resulting in half the damage¹
- Cord-free functionality born from Dyson’s £1bn investment and pioneering expertise in battery technology.
- Dyson Flexing Plates: Patented precision engineered, flexing plates made from manganese copper alloy with 15 micro-hinged segments that flex and adapt to the hair, reducing frizz and flyaways4
- Heater System: Ground-breaking dynamic heating system that flexes with the plates and delivers three precise heat settings – 165°C (330°F), 185°C (365°F) and 210°C (410°F)
- Intelligent Heat Control: integrated technology to regulate plate temperature 100 times a second, ensuring precision heat accuracy
- Battery technology: 4-cell Lithium-ion battery for up to 30 minutes cord-free styling2 with the thermal performance of a corded straightener yet cord free, fully recharging in just 70 minutes
- Use corded or cord free: The Dyson CorraleTM straightener can be used either cord-free or corded, once attached to the 360° charging cable or placed in the ergonomically designed charging dock at regular intervals whilst styling
- Launched in March 2020, unveiled by James Dyson
- For more information, visit www.dyson.com or your nearest Dyson Demo Store
1vs. untreated hair
DYSON CORRALE™STRAIGHTENER IN NUMBERS:
- 7 years in development
- £25m investment in research and development
- £100m investment made to Hair Laboratories globally, employing hundreds of hair scientists, engineers and professionals
- Over 600 hours of user trials with real users, completed in 5 countries, including over 800 participants
- Half the damage¹
- 15 micro hinged facets per plate
- Each plate is precision machined to 65 microns thick – the width of a human hair
- 3 precise heat settings – 165°C (330°F), 185°C (365°F) and 210°C (410°F)
- Integrated Intelligent Heat Control technology regulates plate temperature 100 times a second
- 4-cell lithium-ion battery
- Fully recharges in just 70 minutes
- 360° magnetic charging cable
1Thermal damage measured by hair strength, when creating equivalent style. Tested on flexing vs. solid plates
2Exact run time depends on hair type and styling habits
3Stricter regulations in Japan mean you will not be able to fly in or out of any Japanese airports with a battery powered straightener
4Direct image analysis vs untreated hair
5Achieves the same style with fewer passes when comparing the Dyson CorraleTM straightener with flexing plates with the Dyson CorraleTM straightener with fixed plates