Rewayat to unveil nine new titles at Sharjah International Book Fair 2020
New releases will include original Arabic fiction and non-fiction & translations of Margaret Atwood and Michael Ondaatje’s latest novels
Sharjah, November 3, 2020
Rewayat, an imprint of the homegrown Kalimat Group specialised in publishing both original and translated Arabic language works of fiction and non-fiction, will unveil of nine new titles tomorrow (Wednesday) at the 39th edition of the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) at Sharjah Expo Centre, where the on-ground activities of the fair will be held until November 14.
Featuring among the new releases will be novels, poetry, essays and short stories, and include Bahraini poet Qassim Haddad’s Jawharat Al Marased (The Observatories Jewel), which is a collection of essays on some of the Arab world’s most notable literary figures, including Naguib Mahfouz, Mahmoud Darwish, Salim Barakat, among others; and Libyan novelist Najwa Bin Shatwan’s Wabar Al Ahsina (Horse Fur) which focuses on the conundrum of social life in Libya.
The new releases include Al Rajul Alathy Yarifu Al Ingleeziyah (The Man Who Knows English), a series of amusing stories about Emirati writer Ahmed Amiri’s attempts to learn English; Allahaq Birraml (Chasing Sand), the debut poetry collection of Saudia Arabian poet Abdullah Alnasser; and Bait (House), a collection of short stories by Saudi Arabian writer Ahmed Alhukail.
A new edition of Temthal Delma (Statue of Delma), a historical fiction novel by Emirati author Reem Al Kamali which won the Sharjah Award for Arab Creativity in 2018, is part of the new releases, alongside Ma Ba’ad Al Ughniya (Post-Song), a series of essays documenting the study of music in the Gulf, bySaudi Arabian author and researcher Ahmed Alwasel.
Rewayat’s new offerings will also include long-awaited translations of two contemporary classics – Margaret Atwood’s 2019 Man Booker Prize winner The Testaments, titled Al Uhood and translated by Eman Assad; and Michael Ondaatje’s novel Warlight, longlisted for the 2018 Man Booker Prize and translated by Mohamed Abdelnabi, titled Dhawu Al Harb.
The new books will be available for purchase at the Rewayat exhibition stand at the fair venue (B23) in Expo Centre Sharjah. The books can also be purchased online through the publisher’s website: www.kalimatgroup.ae.
– End –
- Book Cover of Jawharat Al Marased by Bahraini poet Qassim Haddad.
- Book Cover of Wabar Al Ahsina by Libyan authorNajwa Bin Shatwan.
- Book Cover of Al Uhood (The Testaments), by Margaret Atwood, translated by Eman Assad.
- Book Cover of Dhawu Al Harb (Warlight), by Michael Ondaatje, translated by Mohamed Abdelnabi.
- Book Cover of Al Rajul Alathy Yarifu Al Ingleeziyah by Emirati writer Ahmed Amiri,
- Book Cover of Allahaq Birraml by Saudi Arabian poet Abdullah Alnasser
- Book Cover of Bait (House) by Saudi Arabian writer Ahmed Alhukail.
- Book Cover of Temthal Delma by Emirati author Reem Al Kamali,
- Book Cover of Ma Ba’ad Al Ughniya by Saudi author and researcher Ahmed Alwasel.