DUBAI SUMMER SURPRISES (DSS) WEEKEND ACTIVITIES
WEEKEND: 13 – 15 AUGUST 2020
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 12 August 2020: This year’s Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) gets better with each passing week, and there are still more deals, activities and offers to enjoy. Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) has highlighted some of the best attractions, promotions and offers to make this weekend a fun time for all:
LEISURE AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Gather pals and loved ones for an adventure on the high seas with DSS and Xclusive Yachts. The Dubai Marina based yacht rental company is offering 15 per cent off to residents and visitors who hire one of its range of luxury superyachts and pleasure boats. Applicable to customers who quote the code DSS15, this offer is great for anyone looking to organise an exciting afternoon cruising the waters around the Palm Jumeirah or even a romantic sunset trip to the Burj Al Arab before sailing back into Dubai Marina.
- Dubai Dolphinarium is offering 25 per cent off the price of tickets to its family friendly Live Dolphin & Seal show this DSS. The magical performances at the popular Dubai Creek Park venue are a great way to see the highly intelligent and playful animals up close, with daily shows every day of the week, including weekends. Visitors can use the promo code DSS2020 to claim their reduced-price admission tickets.
SHOPPING AND PROMOTIONS
- This Thursday is the last chance for shoppers to make the most of super savings on some of the biggest names in fashion including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, ALDO, Birkenstock, Levi’s, Nautica, TOMS, UGG and many more as part of the DSS 24/7 VAT Free Week with Club Apparel and 6thStreet.com promotion. On the final day of the promotion, one shopper will win 10,000 Club Apparel points while six people will win 1,250 Club Apparel points when they spend AED200 at Club Apparel stores and 6thStreet.com around the city. Each Club Apparel point is worth AED1.
- Al Tayer Amber Card members can win one million Amber Points while earning thousands of extra bonus points this weekend as part of the Amber Millionaire promotion. The exclusive three-day promotion, running from Thursday to Saturday, is open to Amber Card members who spend AED2,500 or more at any participating store this weekend only. The amount of extra bonus points Amber Card members receive depends on their tier. Classic members who spend AED2,500 or more can earn 5,000 Bonus Points, Select members 10,000 Bonus Points, Plus members 15,000 Bonus Points and Prime members 20,000 Bonus Points. A total of 10 Amber Millionaires will be announced from among the Amber Card members who have collected Bonus Points during the promotion.
- Thursday is the final day for visitors to Dubai Marina Mall and Emaar’s community malls around the city to win shopping vouchers, weekend staycations, romantic dinners and fun family entertainment as part of the Stay. Dine. Play promotion. U By Emaar members who spend AED200 on their U By Emaar card will enter into a raffle to win great prizes, with the promotion’s final draw held on 13 August.
- On 15 August, one lucky winner will win an INFINITI Q50 car in Dubai Shopping Malls Group’s DSS Digital Raffle Draw. The fourth of six weekly draws, the luxury car is part of DSMG’s DSS giveaway promotion, which includes prizes totalling AED1 million. To enter the raffle, shoppers need to spend AED200 in participating DSMG malls. Two more draws to win an INFINITI Q50 will take place on 22 and 29 August.
- Shoppers can win big this weekend with City Centre Deira, Mall of the Emirates and City Centre Mirdif’s SHARE Millionaire promotion. Shoppers who download the Majid Al Futtaim SHARE app to their phones and scan receipts for AED300 spent in any of the three malls will enter into a draw to win One Million SHARE points. Residents and visitors can also win great instant prizes with City Centre Deira’s Surprises game when they spend AED300 in the mall. They simply have to pick up an activation code from the customer service desk to play the game then roll the dice to win retail vouchers or mall gift cards.
- Students and parents shopping at Jumbo Stores in Dubai can win a huge AED25,000 towards the cost of fees for the new school year at the electronic retailer’s branches in Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira and Al Fahdi from 13 August to 12 September. The promotion, which is also available online, includes the chance to win the latest gadgets including laptops and tablets.
- This weekend and until 12 September, Muji stores in The Dubai Mall, City Centre Mirdif, The Beach JBR and Mall of the Emirates are hosting a great Buy 2, Get 1 Free offer on selected items, including stationary, kids wear, lunch boxes, mugs, storage boxes and much more. A great back to school deal for parents and youngsters.
- Stock up on the latest luxurious bath and shower beauty products with Bath and Body Works’ DSS promotion. Available until 22 August, shoppers can find Mini Body Care Sets, including mini lotion, shower gel, mist and hand cream, priced just AED12, Scented Jar candles at AED35 and Hand Soap for AED15. The offer is available at all Bath and Body Works stores across Dubai.
- Fashion brand Splash is offering great deals on its collection of stylish outfits for men, women and children this weekend and until 5 September. Offers are available across the brand’s extensive range of leisure, work and children’s wear. The promotion also includes a great back to school offer with youngsters able to pick up a new backpack featuring their favourite cartoon character or superhero for AED89 or two backpacks for AED149.
- Budding builders and creative kids can help to construct the impressive Lego Blast Off To Mars mosaic at Ibn Battuta Mall this weekend. Until Saturday 15 August, families who spend AED50 in the mall will receive a Lego pack to add their own special finishing touch to the 27sqm mosaic that celebrates the recent launch of the UAE’s Hope Probe to Mars.
- Ibn Battuta Mall will also host some of the region’s best graffiti artists as they create a stunning artwork in the Egypt Court. The artwork will take shape each day until 29 August as the artists from ZeeArts add more and more of their creative and stylish touches.
- Calling all Tiktokers – this is the last weekend to enjoy the TikTok Challenge at Mall of the Emirates! A giant instagrammable Boom Box has been set up in the Central Galleria, where it will be for a few more days until 15 August, and is challenging teenagers to create their own TikTok performance, using the MOE New Beginning Song on Anghami, and post it online for the chance to win prizes!
- Funko will attempt to break the Guinness World Record at Mall of the Emirates this weekend! Famous for its pop culture figurines and bobbleheads, the brand will be fashioning the world’s largest Funko Pop! Mosaic out of its packaged products, made to look like Dubai’s one and only Modesh. Funko and Modesh fans will not want to miss this – the activation will be available for viewing from 10am to midnight, 13 to 15 August and 10am to 10pm on 16 August. Modesh will even be making a special appearance on 15 August at 7.30pm for 20 mins.
- The weekly Flashfit events with Fitness First continue at Ibn Battuta Mall. Every Thursday and Friday, Fitness First is hosting a series of sporty challenges including a giant Snakes and Ladders board game and a Hang Challenge. Open to shoppers who spend AED50 at the mall on the day, they can also have the chance to get a contactless 3D Body Scan. The Fitness First trainers will be on hand to conduct this, explaining each person’s body composition and key statistics, helping them to better understand their body type and create a unique fitness plan.
- Enjoy a super weekend that combines a performance of Le Perle with a night at one of the city’s best hotels. An awe-inspiring event that combines music, dance and acrobatics, La Perle will thrill audiences with twice-daily shows throughout DSS. Residents and visitors can enjoy a special DSS staycation offer at the Habtoor Palace Dubai that includes two show tickets, popcorn or nachos and soda plus a complimentary room and 25 per cent off at any restaurant in Al Habtoor City. Prices start at AED438 for the Bronze package, AED538 for Silver, AED638 for Gold, AED748 for Platinum and AED1,198 for the VIP deal, which comes with an upgrade to a hotel suite. There’s also a great range of DSS Combo Packages for Le Perle, including AED119 for a Bronze seat, AED169 for a Silver seat, AED219 for a Gold seat, AED274 for a Platinum seat and AED499 for a VIP seat. All seat packages include free popcorn or nachos and soda.
- British comedy star Jimmy Carr will take to the stage this weekend for two nights of sensational stand up. Audiences at Jimmy’s shows at Dubai World Trade Centre on 13 and 14 August can expect an evening filled with laughter with witty one-liners and jokes delivered by one of the UK’s best loved comedians. Doors open at 7pm with the shows starting at 9pm.
- The jokes continue this weekend with Dubai-based comedy club The Laughter Factory staging two more of its popular stand up gigs. Up and coming comedians Dana Alexandra, Leo Kearse and Eddy Brimson will perform two nights of shows at the Grand Millennium Barsha Heights Hotel on 13 and 14 August.
- Enjoy a daycation with friends and family at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Royal Residences this weekend. The Palm Jumeirah hotel has a special summer promotion that includes access to a Royal Residence villa during the day and AED500 in food and beverage credit to spend at Peruvian restaurant Plaj for AED1,499 for up to 10 people. Guests looking to spend the night can enjoy an evening in a Royal Residence villa, complete with 24-hour butler service, complimentary breakfast and private beach Cabana for AED 3,000++.
- To the excitement of foodies across the city, Jumeirah Restaurant Week has launched across select Jumeirah hotels and is not to be missed this weekend. Set menus for lunch and brunch for just AED150 and AED250 will be available daily from 12pm to 4pm at select outlets in Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Jumeirah Al Naseem, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel and Zabeel House by Jumeirah, The Greens, with some dedicating menus to kids, as well as ‘kids until 12 eat for free’ deals. There has never been a better time to step out and enjoy some of the world-class restaurants Jumeirah has to offer. The promotion is applicable for lunch only and runs until 22 August. Advance booking is recommended.
The 23rd edition of Dubai Summer Surprises (9 July – 29 August 2020) is part of Dubai’s annual Retail Calendar that features major retail-based festivals, mega sales and exclusive retail experiences and attractions.
Dubai Summer Surprises 2020 is supported by key sponsor RAKBANK and MasterCard and strategic partners which include Emaar (The Dubai Mall), Majid Al Futtaim (Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira), Al Futtaim Group (Dubai Festival City Mall), Nakheel Malls (Ibn Battuta Mall, The Pointe, Nakheel Mall, Dragon Mart 2), Al Zarooni Group (Mercato Shopping Mall), Meraas (City Walk, Boxpark, The Beach, The Outlet Village, Al Seef, La Mer), Emirates Airline, Dubai Duty Free, AW Rostamani Group, Enoc, National Food Products Company and Etisalat.
To see the full calendar of events, please visit www.dubaisummersurprises.com and @DSSsocial on social media.
– Ends –