DUBAI SUMMER SURPRISES (DSS) WEEKEND ACTIVITIES
WEEKEND: 6 – 8 AUGUST 2020
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 6 August 2020: There is a lot more fun, games, deals and sales to enjoy each and every day with Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS). Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) has highlighted some of the best attractions, promotions and offers to make this a fun-packed weekend for everyone:
LEISURE AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Foodies can log onto a virtual masterclass in the art of cooking tasty tapas and much more with the chefs at A Capella restaurant. Part of the DSS Chef Masterclass series, held in collaboration with Dubai Eye radio station, online viewers will be able to discover the secrets of the restaurant’s Asian, Latin and European inspired menu on Friday 7 August at 30pm. Visit http://www.dubaieye1038.com for more information.
- Families and friends can kick-start the weekend with a fun and challenging workout. As part of the weekly Flashfit Thursday and Friday activations, Ibn Battuta Mall will host two unique fitness challenges in partnership with Fitness First. Shoppers who spend AED50 can try out a giant Snakes and Ladders board game or the Hang Challenge. These fun and active games are perfect for all ages and fitness levels.
- City Centre Mirdif’s summer camp is the perfect solution for parents who want to explore the sales knowing their kids are safe and playing happily. The camp, which is open from 10am to midnight on weekends and 10am to 10pm on weekdays, features a host of sports, arts and crafts and lots of games for boys and girls to enjoy. Prices range from AED50 per hour for the Drop & Shop option to AED600 per week for a five-day camp, inclusive of activities.
- Meet Modesh and his new best friend Dana at Dubai Festival City Mall. Until Friday 7 August, the two loveable characters will appear as part of a high-tech and very entertaining store window display. As people walk past the window, their silhouette will become Modesh and Dana, who will perform many hilarious routines and even interact with their audience. Performances of the Interactive Shadow Wall show will take place at 3.20pm, 5pm, 5pm, 7.45pm, 9pm and 10pm daily until 7 August.
SHOPPING AND PROMOTIONS
- DSS and Modesh have teamed up this summer to offer the ultimate new school year boost to parents and students with the return of the Modesh Scholarship Programme. On 9 August, and until 26 August, 18 lucky students can win academic scholarships worth AED25,000 each. The cash can be used to pay the school fees of students and to help youngsters and their parents release their academic dreams. The city-wide promotion is open to families who spend AED250 in any of the 16 participating malls and shopping destinations. The Modesh Scholarship Programme is open to shoppers who visit Mercato Mall, Town Centre Mall, The Outlet Village, Al Seef, Citywalk, The Dubai Mall, Dubai Marina Mall, Dubai Festival Plaza Mall , Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira, My City Centre Al Barsha, City Centre Ma’seim, City Centre Shindagha, Nakheel Mall and Ibn Battuta Mall. Each day is allocated to a different mall or mall group and will only be announced 24 hours in advance so families can check out mymodesh.com or @mymodesh on social media channels to find out the participating mall each day.
- This weekend is the best time to shop for big savings at famous Club Apparel stores including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, ALDO, Birkenstock, Levi’s, Nautica, TOMS, UGG and many more as part of the DSS 24/7 VAT Free Week promotion. Running until 13 August across the stores and on 6thstreet.com, shoppers can discover big deals and also win thousands of Club Apparel points when they spend AED200. During the week-long promotion, 24 shoppers can win 1,250 Club Apparel points, and seven people can win 10,000 Club Apparel points, with each point worth AED1.
- On Friday and Saturday, the Retail Pop Up by Ripe will offer shoppers at Nakheel Mall a selection of super fresh and locally grown organic produce along with unique retail items. The Retail Pop Up by Ripe will be open from 10am to 7pm every Friday and Saturday this DSS.
- Residents and visitors can win a 2020 Cadillac CT5 model with the DSS Cadillac Promotion Draw, which runs this weekend and until 26 August. Shoppers who spend AED100 at Souk Madinat Jumeirah or JBR – The Walk will enter a raffle to win the AED175,000 luxury sedan. The car will be on display at Souk Madinat Jumeirah and JBR – The Walk until the grand prize draw on 26 August.
- The Outlet Village, the Tuscan village-inspired indoor shopping destination by Meraas, is inviting shoppers to win big with unmissable deals and more when they download the Meraas Rewards App. Upon every spend of AED500, shoppers will enter a prize draw to win a Meraas Gift Card worth AED50,000 that can be redeemed across Meraas’ amazing destinations. Each visitor who spends over AED5,000 will be upgraded to the Meraas App’s platinum subscription, allowing them to enjoy exclusive discounts and prizes until the end of the year.
- Visitors to Dubai Marina Mall and any of Emaar’s community malls around the city can win a great selection of shopping vouchers, weekend staycations, romantic dinners and fun family entertainment as part of the Stay. Dine. Play promotion. U By Emaar members who spend AED200 on their U By Emaar card will automatically enter a raffle to win incredible prizes, with draws each day until 13 August.
- Shoppers can discover great deals on everything from designer clothes to their next dream car at Dubai Summer Surprises’ Festival Souk at Dubai Festival City Mall and Festival Plaza. Each day until 29 August, the two family-friendly malls will wow shoppers with a range of mega deals from 50 per cent to 90 per cent on must-have items from big name brands as well as gift vouchers worth AED1,000 to be won when customers spend AED200 at either Festival Souk. The fun doesn’t end there, as visitors who spend AED300 in any store or outlet in Dubai Festival City Mall will enter into the Ready, Set Win promotion to win a brand new 2020 Lexus model.
- On 8 August, one lucky winner will receive an INFINITI Q50 car in Dubai Shopping Malls Group’s DSS digital raffle draw. The third of six weekly draws, the luxury car is part of DSMG’s DSS giveaway promotion, which includes prizes totalling AED1 million. To enter the raffle, shoppers need to spend AED200 in participating DSMG malls. Three more draws to win an INFINITI Q50 will take place on 15, 22 and 29 August.
- For every AED100 customers spend at Mercato Mall’s wide range of big name stores and family favourite brands, they can win AED1,000 to use on a shopping spree at the popular Jumeirah mall. The great promotion is held each day throughout DSS.
- This weekend, on Saturday 8 August, one lucky shopper will win One Million Share Points when they spend AED300 in Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif or City Centre Deira. The DSS Share Millionaire promotion is open to residents and visitors who shop in any of the participating malls and scan their receipts for purchases using the MAF SHARE smartphone app. Draws will be held on 8 August, 15 August and 24 August. The last day shoppers can enter this promotion is 22 August.
- The Umm Kulthum Hologram Concert will merge live music and cutting-edge technology for a beautiful spectacle at the Dubai Opera on 6, 7 and 8 August. Guests can watch a hologram of the late Umm Kulthum perform some of her most popular songs with a live orchestra. The unique concept, which wowed crowds earlier this year at the 25th edition of Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), is a must for all music lovers and a chance to celebrate one of the region’s most beloved female singers.
- Wild Wadi’s rides and slides are waiting to be enjoyed this weekend and for the rest of the summer! The iconic waterpark at Jumeirah Beach Hotel has teamed up with DSS to launch a great Online Unlimited Access Wadi Pass promotion offering three months of fun for just AED297 per person. Whether it’s splashing about with family or chilling out with friends, Wild Wadi is the ultimate spot for summer fun.
- Friends and families can explore the rides and attractions at IMG Worlds of Adventure and enjoy great savings with the theme park’s new Pay As You Go offer. Visitors can pay the admission fee of AED20 and an additional AED25 for every ride thereafter. The ideal way to experience the super fun theme park, the offer is open to UAE citizens and residents.
- Travel seekers can check into one of Dubai’s newest, and most stylish, hotels for a great weekend with a getaway deal that’s so good, they’ll be coming back for more. The Vida Emirates Hills hotel is offering a complimentary stay voucher for every night spent at the property. The vouchers are valid for a year, meaning guests have plenty of time to plan their next visit. Rooms start at AED299++ and include an early check in at 10am and late check out at 6pm so couples have time to enjoy the property’s stunning infinity pool, golf course views and great F&B outlets.
The 23rd edition of Dubai Summer Surprises (9 July until 29 August 2020) is part of Dubai’s annual Retail Calendar that features major retail-based festivals, mega sales and exclusive retail experiences and attractions.
Dubai Summer Surprises 2020 is supported by key sponsor RAKBANK and MasterCard and strategic partners which include: Emaar (The Dubai Mall), Majid Al Futtaim (Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira), Al Futtaim Group (Dubai Festival City Mall), Nakheel Malls (Ibn Battuta Mall, The Pointe, Nakheel Mall, Dragon Mart 2), Al Zarooni Group (Mercato Shopping Mall), Meraas (City Walk, Boxpark, The Beach, The Outlet Village, Al Seef, La Mer), Emirates Airline, Dubai Duty Free, AW Rostamani Group, Enoc, National Food Products Company and Etisalat.
To see the full calendar of events, please visit www.dubaisummersurprises.com and on @DSSsocial.
– Ends –