RANGE ROVER SPORT ENHANCED WITH SPECIAL-EDITION MODELS AND POWERFUL NEW STRAIGHT-SIX MILD-HYBRID DIESELS
Enhanced Range Rover Sport receives smooth new six-cylinder diesel engines while new special edition models provide more choice than ever
- Heightened performance: Efficient new in-line six-cylinder Ingenium diesel* engines with 48V Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV) tech
- High-specification special editions: New feature-packed HSE Dynamic Black joins the range alongside the HSE Silver and striking SVR Carbon Edition
- Modern, powerful, efficient: New in-line Ingenium diesel engines provide the performance of a V8 with the fuel consumption and emissions of a six-cylinder unit, featuring mild hybrid technology; available alongside powerful petrol and efficient PHEV powertrains
- Strong design: Confident and luxurious Range Rover Sport is enhanced with new exterior colour options and interior choices
- Sustainable luxury: Range Rover Sport P400e PHEV provides 26 miles (41km) of EV range and fuel economy of 86.9mpg (3.3l/100km)
- Advanced technology and connectivity: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard across the range, with 4G Wi-Fi connections for up to eight devices
- Available to order now: Find out more and specify yours at: https://www.landrover-me.com/en/index.html
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 15 July 2020 –The Range Rover Sport – Land Rover’s most dynamic model ever – has gained a suite of upgrades to enhance its appeal as the ultimate luxury performance SUV.
New special-edition models join the existing line-up with the HSE Silver, HSE Dynamic Black and SVR Carbon Edition giving Range Rover Sport buyers more choice than ever. The HST gains another powerful engine option with a new D350 diesel.
The D350 is just one of the latest generation of Land Rover’s new six-cylinder Ingenium diesel engines. They bring 48V Mild-Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV) diesel technology to the Range Rover Sport for the first time and are RDE2-certified. Developed in-house, the new in-line engine is available in D250, D300 and D350 variants, with power outputs ranging from 249PS (183kW) to 350PS (258kW). They replace the V6 and V8 diesels.
The SV Premium Palette paint colour range, which makes lustrous colours and Satin finishes available to all Range Rover Sport customers, has been refreshed with eight new colours including Tourmaline Brown, Amethyst Grey-Purple and Petrolix Blue.
Inside, the purposeful cabin design and elegant details provide an undeniable sense of sporting luxury, while the seamlessly integrated Touch Pro Duo infotainment features enhance connectivity.
Prof Gerry McGovern OBE, Land Rover Chief Creative Officer, said: “The Range Rover Sport is a unique statement of performance with an assertive and powerful design. Its refined appearance speaks to the modernity of the Range Rover family, while a series of unique aesthetic touches mark out its sporting nature. This is an SUV that demands your attention.”
Key to the Range Rover Sport’s appeal is its sophisticated design, all-round capability and luxurious interior. The HSE Silver edition builds on the generous specification of HSE with a suite of sophisticated Shadow Atlas exterior trim finishes, Privacy Glass and 21-inch Gloss Black and contrast diamond-turned alloy wheels fitted as standard.
Available with seven exterior colour options, including new Lantau Bronze and Hakuba Silver, and two interior choices, the HSE Silver also benefits from a fixed panoramic roof, Privacy Glass, front centre console cooler compartment and Meridian Surround Sound System**. The HSE Silver is available with the most popular petrol or diesel engine for each market and a P400e PHEV powertrain in some markets.
The new HSE Dynamic Black is based on the HSE Dynamic and features an exterior Black Pack, giving the Range Rover Sport extra road presence with matching 21-inch Gloss Black alloy wheels, Privacy Glass and an all-black interior.
Finished in Santorini Black or Carpathian Grey with contrast roof, the HSE Dynamic Black edition also benefits from a fixed panoramic roof, Ebony Premium Headlining and Meridian Surround Sound System as standard.
For high-performance customers, the 575PS (423kW) SVR Carbon Edition provides a stealthy take on the flagship of the Range Rover Sport family with extensive Carbon Fibre detailing.
The Carbon Edition features an exposed Carbon Fibre bonnet centre section, front bumper insert surrounds, main grille and vent surrounds, as well as a range of other Carbon Fibre exterior design details, Carbon Fibre interior trim finishers, Exclusive SVR Carbon Edition treadplates, a Carbon Fibre Engine Cover and 22-inch Gloss Black alloy wheels.
Power and efficiency
Alongside the existing range of powerful and refined petrol engines are the latest six-cylinder Ingenium diesel engines that are smoother, more refined and more efficient than the engines they replace.
The new in-line designs meet Real Driving Emissions Step 2 (RDE2) standards and Euro 6d-final real-world driving compliance with 48V Mild-Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV) technology boosting responses and fuel economy. As a result, the new Ingenium unit is one of the world’s leading clean diesel engines.
All the engines available play to the Range Rover Sport’s high-performance character, with the new D350 diesel powering the luxury performance SUV from 0-60mph in just 6.5 seconds
(0-100km/h 6.9 seconds). With an impressive torque output of 700Nm, strong responses remain at the core of the Range Rover Sport experience and, with CO2 emissions of just 237g/km for the most powerful D350, customers gain traditional V8 diesel performance with six-cylinder efficiency.
Strong performance is backed up by an engaging drive that strikes a fine balance between dynamism and comfort. The Range Rover Sport’s advanced all-wheel drive and air suspension both constantly adapt and respond to road conditions, providing driver feedback and involvement, while retaining the superior refinement that customers expect. Lightweight aluminium construction is a key factor behind the Range Rover Sport’s agile handling and dynamic responses.
The latest Range Rover Sport engine range comprises:
- D250 – 249PS (183kW), 3.0-litre six-cylinder MHEV, 600Nm of torque at 1,250rpm to 2,250rpm
- D300 – 300PS (221kW), 3.0-litre six-cylinder MHEV, 650Nm of torque at 1,500rpm to 2,500rpm
- D350 – 350PS (258kW), 3.0-litre six-cylinder MHEV, 700Nm of torque at 1,500rpm to 3,000rpm
- P300 – 300PS (221kW), 2.0-litre four-cylinder, 400Nm of torque at 1,500rpm to 4,000rpm
- P360 – 360PS (265kW), 3.0-litre six-cylinder, 495Nm of torque at 2,000rpm to 5,000rpm
- P400 – 400PS (294kW), 3.0-litre six-cylinder, 550Nm of torque at 2,000rpm to 5,000rpm
- P400e – 404PS (297kW), 2.0-litre four-cylinder PHEV, 640Nm of torque at 1,500rpm to 4,000rpm
- P525 – 525PS (386kW), 5.0-litre V8 Supercharged, 625Nm of torque at 2,500rpm to 5,500rpm
- P575 – 575PS (423kW), 5.0-litre V8 Supercharged, 700Nm of torque at 3,500rpm to 5,000rpm
The plug-in hybrid electric P400e is the most fuel-efficient Range Rover Sport and can drive up to 26 miles (41km) in full electric mode with zero tailpipe emissions.
The powerful 300PS (221kW) Ingenium petrol engine combines with an 105kW electric motor for a combined 404PS (297kW), so performance is uncompromised. The PHEV powertrain accelerates the Range Rover Sport from 0-60mph in 6.3-seconds (0-100km in 6.7 seconds) while returning up to 86.9mpg (3.3l/100km) in WLTP tests.
Enhancements to connectivity and security are also available for 21 Model Year Range Rover Sport models. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are offered as standard across all models, while up to eight 4G Wi-Fi connections can be made, keeping the driver and passengers connected at all times.
Driver and passenger wellbeing has been enhanced with the Range Rover Sport’s Cabin Air Ionisation system, now with PM2.5 filtration. Simply controlled via a ‘Purify’ button within the touchscreen infotainment, the state-of-the-art set-up filters out fine dust particles and allergens, and neutralises odours, to provide a calm, relaxing, refined and healthy environment.
About Land Rover
Since 1948 Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic 4x4s that represent true ‘breadth of capability’ across the model range. Defender, Discovery, Discovery Sport, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Velar and Range Rover Evoque each define the world’s SUV sectors, with 80 per cent of this model range exported to over 100 countries.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Salman Sultan | Jaguar Land Rover | Tel: +971 4 372 4923 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saeed Klaib | Ogilvy Public Relations | Tel: +971 58 593 4333| Email: JLR.MENA@ogilvy.com
Get social with Land Rover MENA:
|Land Rover MENA|
|Hashtag: #LandRoverMENA #MYLAND #ارضي|
 Available in Morocco and Georgia only.
 HSE Silver Diesel available in Morocco and Georgia only.
 Available in Morocco and Georgia only.
 Available in Lebanon, Morocco, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Egypt and Jordan.
 Available in GCC markets only.