Garnier launches transformative Green Beauty initiative.
Set to radically reduce the brand’s Global Environmental Impact.
- All products to be made with Zero Virgin Plastic.
- All packaging to be reusable, recyclable or compostable.
- All industrial sites to be Carbon Neutral.
Today, more than ever, environmental, health and social concerns are of the upmost importance. The events of the last few months have been unprecedented, calling into focus the role of brands in today’s society. Consumer expectation has shifted. Above anything else, people want brands that they can trust, that are transparent and which are genuinely committed to being better, especially when it comes to the impact they have on the planet1.
When it comes to sustainability, Garnier has been committed for years; producing more natural formulas, using sustainable and fair trade ingredients, even being the first to bring certified organic products to the mass skincare market. Now, Garnier wants to go further, to shift the way the beauty industry operates and lead the change for all of us.
Garnier’s Green Beauty initiative is a complete end to end approach to sustainability. The aim is to transform every stage of Garnier’s value chain, reducing or eradicating environmental impact in the following areas:
- Plastic & Packaging:
– By 2025, Garnier will aim to use Zero Virgin Plastic in all packaging, saving 37,000 tonnes of plastic every year*.
– By 2025 all packaging will also be either reusable, recyclable or compostable.
- Product & Formula:
– By 2022, all plant-based and renewable ingredients will be sustainably sourced.
– By 2025, 100% of Garnier’s new products will have an improved environmental profile.
- Factories & Manufacturing:
– 100% Carbon Neutral industrial sites by 2025, through the use of renewable energy.
– CO2 emissions of industrial sites already reduced by 72%**.
- Solidarity Sourcing:
– By 2025 Garnier will have empowered 800 communities worldwide as part of our Solidarity sourcing programme.
The Green Beauty initiative includes a Sustainability Progress Report, offering complete transparency on Garnier’s commitments, which can be tracked publicly via the Garnier website. This report states where Garnier stands today, mapping out the process of how the brand will reach ambitious 2025 targets. This progress report provides a clear and trackable summary of Garnier’s commitments, work which has been completed with the help of experts and scientists. All data in the progress report has also been assessed by external auditor, PricewaterhouseCoopers.