The fight between sentiment and fundamentals
By Peter Garnry, Head of Equity Strategy, Saxo Bank
11 May 2020 : In today’s equity update we focus on South Korea and the resurgence in new COVID-19 cases, the VIX dipping below 30 and term structure in contango suggesting that the bear market dynamics could soon end, Brazilian equity market trading a deep discount to global equities and finally that the market for fundamentals is still reluctant to jump on the bandwagon of optimism as seen in US technology stocks.
Continue reading Saxo Bank-The fight between sentiment and fundamentals
UBS Investor Sentiment: World’s wealthy sticking with stocks despite COVID-19, with close to half of UAE respondents planning to invest even more
- Almost half of wealthy investors expect to keep their stock portfolios at the same level in the next six months, while 37% plan to invest more, according to UBS’s quarterly global survey
- In the UAE, a third of respondents are not planning to adjust their portfolios, and 43% even plan to invest more
- UAE investors’ optimism on the local stock market’s outlook is down 23 percent versus the previous quarter but compared to other region remains high
The share of investors expressing short-term optimism on their region’s economy fell most in the US
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: 11 May 2020 – Wealthy investors and business owners are remaining optimistic about the longer term despite a sharp dip in short-term confidence due to the coronavirus, according to the new quarterly Investor Sentiment survey from UBS, the world’s leading global wealth manager.
Continue reading UBS Investor Sentiment
Invenio offers effective change management and seamless tax implementations
10th May 2020, Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Global tax policies have evolved rapidly in recent years leading to the continuous process of implementation, especially in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
Continue reading Invenio offers effective change management and seamless tax implementations
LATEST Trésor models ready-to-wear
OMEGA launches the most recent editions of the diamond-edged De Ville
Fans of OMEGA’s slender and stylish Trésor collection now have even greater choice, thanks to the introduction of the latest colours and materials, including the brand’s unique new alloy inspired by shining moonlight.
Continue reading OMEGA launches the most recent editions of the diamond-edged De Ville
Kleindienst Group prepares to deliver Italian tourism experience through Portofino Hotel in its US$5 billion Heart of Europe Project
A sneak peek into an Italian escape in Dubai – the emirate’s best-kept secret
Visitors to the Portofino Hotel will be greeted in Italian language where the currency will be Euro and food will be Italian cuisine – offering a complete Italian experience to local, regional and international tourists
Date: Dubai, UAE; May 11, 2020
- Islands remain safe haven from the Coronavirus outbreak due to their isolated location 4 kilometres offshore
- More than 1,200 construction workers, technicians, engineers and environmental experts are working full time with a healthy and safe environment.
- Portofino Hotel to open in the fourth quarter of 2020 – to greet local, regional and international tourists
Continue reading Kleindienst Group prepares to deliver Italian tourism experience