SECOND LINE-UP OF CELEBRITY GUESTS AND INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS ANNOUNCED FOR
MIDDLE EAST FILM AND COMIC CON 2020
- Region’s favourite pop-culture festival, MEFCC flies in international celebrities and stars – Joseph David Jones from American superhero television series Arrow and Carice Van Houten from global megahit Game of Thrones
- MEFCC to host impressive line-up of international artists working with Warner Bros., DC Comics, Marvel among other big names in the industry
- Exclusive theatre screenings for Disney Pixar’s Onward, M1DAS and Magnificent Man to take place at this year’s event
Dubai, UAE, 13 February 2020: Middle East Film & Comic Con (MEFCC) has revealed the second line-up of international celebrities and artists set to be part of this year’s spectacular festival. Fans are in for a ‘super’ weekend, 5-7 March at DWTC, at the ninth edition of the most highly anticipated pop-culture event in the region.
The latest celebrity guests that you can meet at MEFCC are, Carice Van Houten, known for her role as Melisandre, or the Red Priestess from global smash hit Game of Thrones, this Dutch actress is bound to dazzle fans with her supernatural forces of ice and magical relationship with fire. Carice is one of Europe’s most celebrated actresses appearing in several feature films in Hollywood, including Valkyrie alongside Tom Cruise.
Joining Carice is Joseph David Jones,an American actor known for his role in TV dramas Nashville and Arrow, Joseph is living every fan’s dream of making it in Hollywood in some of the most fun pop culture franchises.
Carice and Joseph will join other A-lister international superstars for a celebrity-studded weekend including Superman star Brandon Routh, Aladdin’s Mena Massoud, Electra from Daredevil Elodie Yung, and dwarf warrior Gimli from Lord of the Rings John Rhys-Davies. Meet and greets for all celebrities will be available throughout the weekend.
In keeping with what visitors have come to expect at MEFCC, pop-culture and art lovers will also get to meet a host of renowned artists at dedicated workshops including:
- Emanuela Lupacchino: started her career as comic book artist at the age of 25. For over a decade she worked as a penciller and cover artist for the most famous titles and characters such as Wonder Woman, Batman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Green Lantern, Spiderman, X-men and Thor. She also created the DC superheroes graphics for the acclaimed Warner Bros. Theme Park in Abu Dhabi.
- Philo Barnhart: What do Super Friends, Star Trek the Motion picture, Smurfs, Jem and the Holograms, Space Ace, Dragons Lair and the 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo have in common? Philo has worked on all of them. And if that’s not enough the artist’s work with Disney’s consumer products can still be seen today on toys, books, home electronics, apparel and posters.
- iCosplay: a Saudi Cosplayer who began her cosplay journey in 2014. Since then she has won several accolades including six podium finishes at cosplay competitions in various conventions. She successfully presented two cosplay workshops, has been featured on the cover of Cosplay Arabia Magazine and has participated as a cosplay judge at events throughout the GCC. She will be on the panel of judges for the fifth time at MEFCC.
This year’s event will also feature exclusive theatre screenings for Disney Pixar’s Onward on Saturday 7 March for fans to experience the latest release of the fantasy world. Other screenings include M1DAS created by Jordanian filmmaker Razan Takash and Magnificent Man, the region’s first superhero film brought to life by two Abu Dhabi boys. These special screenings are sure to keep fans entertained over the weekend.
There’s a lot happening at this year’s MEFCC. Fans can still get discounts on tickets bought online versus at the door. To purchase tickets, please visit www.mefcc.com, https://dubai.platinumlist.net/ or https://tickets.virginmegastore.me/ or any Virgin Megastore branch located in the UAE.