LULU SET TO OPEN NEW HYPERMARKET AT FESTIVAL PLAZA, JEBEL ALI, DUBAI
Retail Expansion Partnership with Al Futtaim Supports Expo 2020
23rd January 2020, Abu Dhabi, UAE—LuLu is geared to launch its new hypermarket on 27th January 2020, Monday, in Dubai South’s new lifestyle destination, Festival Plaza Mall, which is close by a 15-minute drive and only 19 kilometres away from the state-of-the-art venue of this year’s most awaited world event, EXPO 2020. The highly anticipated store opening will mark a significant collaboration between two of the region’s major business conglomerates, LuLu Group and Al Futtaim—which is remarkably a first in many years of operating in the Gulf.
Situated within the commercial port and business hub of Jebel Ali, the new store will feature LuLu’s new design format of world-class layout and aesthetic lighting that mirror the combined contemporary approach and industrial style. Well-known across the globe as the fastest growing retail chain, LuLu currently operates across the GCC, Egypt, India, and the Far East—making this anticipated hypermarket as its 186th store.
Mr. Yusuff Ali M.A., Chairman and Managing Director of LuLu Group, said: “We are excited to launch another beautiful hypermarket that will provide a world-class shopping experience not only to the residents living within the area, but also to the tourists and business enthusiasts coming to the UAE for EXPO 2020, the biggest event in the Arab world. Over the years of catering to different nationalities, we have seen the growing demand for internationally sourced products. This is why it will be our continuous commitment to offer high-quality products at the most affordable prices in the market.”
“Al-Futtaim Malls is most excited to welcome LuLu Hypermarket to our newest mall property, Festival Plaza. We have worked together with the Lulu Group to create an offer that will be a valuable addition to south Dubai, just in time for EXPO 2020. This new concept outlet from the Lulu Group with its excellent selection of product, gives communities in our trade area the perfect choice for their everyday convenience,” shared Timothy Earnest, Chief Executive Officer of Al-Futtaim Malls.
Spread across more than 56,000 square feet of total built-up area, the new store will house a massive collection of globally sourced and local products alike in its supermarket division, household section, and hot food stations of world cuisines. It will be the very first branch to introduce LuLu’s coffee shop concept, which highlights a well-crafted menu of international café-inspired dishes, premium coffee selection and smoothies, and freshly baked breads and cakes that are made available at budget-friendly price points.
Festival Plaza, Dubai’s newest mall and entertainment venue, houses a carefully selected mix of brands from the best of various niche for home, food, hypermarket, fashion, health and beauty, and entertainment. With LuLu on the credible list along with IKEA and ACE concept stores, the lifestyle complex will definitely appeal to visitors who are looking for a convenient and welcoming place to shop.
With 186 stores operating worldwide, LuLu has continuously been exerting its greatest efforts to provide and sustain the supply of global products at the best rates. With the excellent combination of high-quality offerings and organised logistics system, LuLu remains to be the favourite shopping destination in the UAE when it comes to a broader selection of international products.
– LuLu introduces INAUGURAL OFFERS on a wide variety of products, from grocery favourites to hot food and household essentials, which will be exclusively available in the new store.
– A new concept and the first among its stores worldwide, LuLu’s COFFEE SHOP offers a convenient space to welcome customers in a sit-down setting. The menu boasts a delicious combination of freshly made egg-based breakfast staples, gourmet sandwiches for all-day delights, and hot and cold beverages with additions of healthy drinks, such as flavoured detox water selections and sugar-free smoothies.
– The BAKERY GOES HEALTHY. A new range of cream cakes with gluten-free ingredients and sugar-free options is available along with soft-sliced healthy breads like kraft korn, fibre-rich, multi-grain, Norlander, and protein. Sugar-free and egg-free cookies and muffins will surely satisfy your diet plan.
– 85% OF THE STORE IS THE GROCERY DIVISION where an international array of products puts the main spotlight on grocery products, health and beauty essentials, delicatessen, roastery, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Speciality products are on shelves like vegan, vegetarian, organic, gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free.
– The meat and fish section allows you to indulge in PREMIUM CUTS of Australian Wagyu beef steaks together with organic beef and chicken options. Fresh off the hook, the seafood offerings highlight live lobsters, ORGANIC NORWEGIAN SALMON, Scottish salmon, Dibba oysters, and fresh mussels.
– The HOUSEHOLD CATEGORY features kitchen appliances and accessories, car accessories, home décor and furnishing needs, and outdoor products for fishing, camping, gardening, and barbecue all under one roof.
LULU HYPERMARKET, where the world comes to shop—is the top retailer in the Middle East and one of the most successful businesses worldwide. Serving more than 1,600,000 shopping patrons every day, it is the fastest growing retail chain across 10 countries that include the GCC, India, Egypt, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Founded in the early nineties, it has successfully expanded to different parts of the world and currently operates more than 186 stores with a staff force of more than 55,000.
LuLu Hypermarket, where the world comes to shop:
- Providing more than 1,600,000 customers an unparalleled shopping experience daily across the globe
- 1 retail chain in the Middle East and among the top 10 fastest growing retailers globally
- Operations in UAE, India, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Egypt, Malaysia, and Indonesia
- One of the Middle East’s top employers with work force numbering to more than 55,000
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, AL-FUTTAIM, is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into four operating divisions—automotive, financial services, real estate and retail; employing more than 42,000 employees across 29 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al Futtaim partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands.
Al-Futtaim’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which it operates.
By upholding values of respect, excellence, collaboration, and integrity, Al-Futtaim continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of customers each and every day.
In line with Al-Futtaim’s strategy for the Mall, it will serve as a convenient and welcoming lifestyle destination appealing in particular to the nearby communities including Jebel Ali, Dubai Marina and those commuting from Abu Dhabi.
Festival Plaza will have a carefully selected retail mix to appeal to visitors looking for the best in lifestyle, home, food, hypermarket and entertainment brands for Dubai South and greater Dubai customers.