HALO TOP CREAMERY LAUNCHES IN UAE WITH NINE DELICIOUS DAIRY AND NON-DAIRY FLAVORS CONTAINING 320-360 CALORIES PER TUB
- Global ice cream sensation arrives in the United Arab Emirates with delicious ice cream containing 320-360 calories per tub in retailers nationwide
- Nine indulgent flavors from the brand’s dairy and non-dairy lines will be featured in the September launch
(September 11, 2019): Halo Top Creamery announced today that the ice cream phenomenon will hit freezers in the UAE for the first time this September. With entire tubs containing only 320-360 calories, Halo Top® has transformed the ice cream industry all over the world with a creamy and decadent ice cream that you can actually feel good about eating. Starting this month, fans can finally get their hands on the nine of the brand’s delicious flavors in retailers across the UAE including: Carrefour, Spinneys and Choithrams.
Los Angeles-based Halo Top Creamery was founded by former lawyer turned ice cream aficionado, Justin Woolverton, while on a personal quest to find a healthier ice cream to enjoy. He created a simple version of light ice cream in his own kitchen using a few premium ingredients. After running his mix through a $20 ice cream maker that he had purchased online, Woolverton realized he had created something special – something that didn’t currently exist. He took his creation to market in 2011 and, with the help of company President (and also former lawyer) Doug Bouton, Halo Top exploded. The ice cream has since developed a cult-like following that propelled the brand past iconic industry leaders, becoming the best-selling tub in 2017 in U.S. grocery stores and creating the ‘better-for-you’ ice cream category worldwide. As eye-catching as it is delicious, Halo Top was even named one of TIME Magazine’s “25 Best Inventions of 2017” and is now sold in more than 20 countries across the globe.
Halo Top Creamery will establish its UAE presence against the backdrop of a growing ice cream market. According to industry reports, the domestic ice cream sector will be valued at USD $142 million by 2021. Globally, better-for-you ice cream brands in particular have been continuing to gain traction over the past few years – a movement led by the introduction of Halo Top to the market.
“We’re thrilled to be entering the UAE with the first ice cream that tastes great and actually is good for you,” said Doug Bouton, Halo Top Creamery President and COO. “We think that Halo Top ice cream and the Halo Top brand are going to be a natural fit here and can’t wait to see what Emiratis think!”
Halo Top will launch with seven dairy and two non-dairy flavors, giving ice cream lovers a wide range of delicious options to choose from. Halo Top’s dairy flavors contain 320-360 calories and 20 grams of protein per tub. The non-dairy and vegan friendly flavors are made with coconut milk and can also be enjoyed for just 320 calories and contain 12 grams of protein per tub.
The flavors launching include:
- Sea Salt Caramel: Perfect for a luxurious self-indulgent treat, this flavor balances sweet and salty with luscious caramel swirls and a touch of sea salt
- Peanut Butter Cup: An irresistible treat for peanut butter fiends, this tub blends peanut butter ice cream with ribbons of silky peanut butter
- Vanilla Bean: The canonical classic. The taste of the vanilla bean in this iconic flavor is anything but basic and has come to be an all-time favorite amongst the more purist gourmets
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: No need to sneak raw cookie dough off the spoon – this tub of creamy vanilla ice cream with real chunks of cookie dough has got you covered
- Birthday Cake: All the best parts of a birthday party packed into one delectable tub with a nostalgic twist of rainbow sprinkles
- Cinnamon Roll: Filled with chunks of doughy cinnamon rolls, this indulgent flavor will surprise you with cinnamon icing swirls that will have you begging for more
- Candy Bar: Indulge in your candy cravings with this delectable chocolate candy bar ice cream with bits of peanuts and caramel swirls
- Non-Dairy Peanut Butter Cup: Rich peanut butter and chocolate pair together deliciously in this dairy-free, coconut milk-based dessert
- Non-Dairy Sea Salt Caramel: Sweet and savory blend perfectly in this indulgent coconut milk base, creating the ideal treat that will satisfy those sweet cravings
Halo Top will be available this September at retailers across the UAE including Carrefour, Spinneys and Choithrams. For more information, please visit www.halotop.ae or www.halotopcreamery.ae and join the conversation with @halotopuae on Instagram.