Ravi Shastri appointed as RAKEZ Corporate Ambassador to the Indian business community
Dubai, UAE, April 17, 2019:Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ) has welcomed Ravi Shastri, Head Coach of the India National Cricket Team, former India Cricketer and TV commentator, as its exclusive Corporate Ambassador to the Indian business community.
As the face of RAKEZ, Mr Shastri will be representing RAKEZ in networking events, business forums and seminars, to build and sustain business relationships with key accounts and brands.
“This is the first time that we have appointed a Corporate Ambassador, and we’re very happy to have the right man on-board. Mr Shastri was a natural choice given that he’s not only an iconic Indian figure that possesses the admiration of cricket fans globally; he’s also a coach who leads teams to victories. I’m confident that he’s going to do the same for us by taking our relationship with the Indian business community to the next level – a relationship we started building almost two decades ago,” said Ramy Jallad, RAKEZ Group CEO.
Commenting on RAKEZ’s commitment to the Indian market, Mr Jallad shared: “Indian businesses have greatly contributed to Ras Al Khaimah’s economic diversification as well as the increase of employment opportunities, hence our dedication to support them. Throughout the years, we have launched numerous initiatives for the Indian investors, opened an office in Mumbai in 2006, and conducted roadshows in India to share the benefits of expanding to the UAE. Our efforts have led to over 3,300 Indian companies choosing RAKEZ as their business destination. That’s 23% of our total company population. With Mr Shastri joining Team RAKEZ, we’re positive that he’ll be influencing more Indian business leaders to set up or expand their operations to the United Arab Emirates though RAKEZ.”
Indian companies in RAKEZ are operating across various industries with over 1,600 flourishing in the commercial field; nearly 1,000 in services; more than 350 in general trading; and around 100 in the industrial sector. The rest are spread across media, e-commerce, educational, and more. Due to the growing demand from Indian investors, RAKEZ has relocated its Mumbai office to a bigger and more central location in Bandra Kurla Complex in 2018.
Expressing his views on the collaboration with RAKEZ, Mr Shastri said: “I’m very excited and proud to be the Corporate Ambassador of RAKEZ to the Indian business community. It is one of the leading business and industrial hubs in the Middle East region, and home to many famous Indian brands. I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback from Indian companies about RAKEZ, so I am confident that I am associating myself with the right organisation that has been consistently helping Indian companies go global. My goal here is to coach more Indian investors to choose the right track and play it right when it comes to their business.”
This first-of-its-kind approach is one of the many other initiatives that RAKEZ will be launching in the future to attract more investors from all over the world and boost the economic growth of Ras Al Khaimah.
About Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ):
RAKEZ is a powerhouse business and industrial hub established by the Government of Ras Al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates. It currently hosts over 14,500 companies coming from over 100+ countries and operating in more than 50 industries.
RAKEZ offers entrepreneurs, startups, SMEs and manufacturers a wide-range of solutions, including free zone and non-free zone licences, customisable facilities, and first-class services provided in a one-stop shop. Furthermore, RAKEZ has six specialised zones that are tailored to specific needs of investors: a Business Zone for commercial and service companies; Al Ghail, Al Hamra and Al Hulailah Industrial Zones for manufacturers and industrialists; a Media Zone for the creative firms; and an Academic Zone for educational providers.
A leading economic zone, RAKEZ, aims to continue attracting diversified investment opportunities that will contribute to the economic growth of Ras Al Khaimah.
About Mr Ramy Jallad, Group Chief Executive Officer, Ra,s Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ)
Ramy Jallad is the Chief Executive Officer of RAKEZ. His role is to develop and drive the strategic growth, creating a thriving commercial and industrial business hub that attracts and welcomes investors from all around the world.
Mr Jallad has over 25 years of professional experience, where he has developed and led various commercial and industrial free zones, business parks and mixed-use real estate developments.
Previously, Mr Jallad held various key leadership positions in both government and private enterprises, such as: Vice President – Free Zone & Properties for Abu Dhabi Airports Company, Executive Director of Business Development & Customer Services for Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone (TECOM), and General Manager of Caltex Oil Company.
Mr Jallad is fluent in English and Arabic. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. He is also a Lead Assessor by the European Foundation for Quality Management and a certified trainer in sales, marketing, and customer care as well as people management.
About Mr Ravi Shastri, Head Coach of the India National Cricket Team
Ravi Shankar Jayadritha Shastri is an Indian cricket commentator, former Test Cricketer and current Head Coach of the India National Cricket Team.
He played for the India National Cricket Team between 1981 and 1992 in both Tests and One-Day Internationals (ODIs), and was a member of India’s World Cup winning team in 1983. Although he started his career as a left arm spin bowler, he later transformed into a batting all-rounder.
The official title “Champion of Champions” was awarded to Mr Shastri when India won the World Championship of Cricket in Australia in 1985. In the same season, in January 1985, he equalled West Indian Garry Sobers’ record of hitting six sixes in an over in first-class cricket.
During his career spanning more than a decade, he played in 80 Test and 150 ODIs, scoring 3,830 and 3,108 runs in two formats, respectively, including 11 centuries in Test and 4 centuries in ODIs. Mr Shastri retired from playing cricket in 1992.
After his retirement, he served ICC and BCCI in temporary official capacities, and as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. On July 2017, Mr Shastri was appointed as Head Coach of the India National Cricket Team. Under his coaching, the team secured its first-ever Test series win in Australia in January 2019. He will always be remembered as the coach that led an Asian side to its first ever Test series victory in Australia.
Outside the playing field, Mr Shastri is a passionate person who defends and stands by what he believes in. He mentors students in career and life lessons in partnership with India- and UAE-based Greycells Education Limited, a leading vocational training provider.
Mr Shastri has achieved success by being a motivator in a world of monitors. Whether as a player, commentator, coach and mentor, his record at the helm across all formats is impressive.
Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ)
What is RAKEZ?
- A powerhouse business and industrial hub in the UAE
- Established in 2017 by the government of Ras Al Khaimah to revolutionise the investment landscape in the emirate
- Nurtures global investors in a cost-effective environment, offers customisable business solutions, premier facilities and first-class services in a one-stop shop
- RAKEZ houses over 14,500 companies from exceeding 100 countries and more than 50 sectors.
- From freelancers, entrepreneurs, startups and SMEs to large enterprises and industrialists
- Manufacturing, trading and logistics, services, education, among others
- In 2017, RAKEZ brought together two of the fastest-growing investment hubs in the UAE which have been operating since year 2000.
- The move created one of the largest economic zones in the region, covering about 33 million m2 of land.
- Presents a wide range of: premium and customisable facilities – Flexi, offices, warehouses, land for development
- Enhanced levels of service – customer comes first, simplified processes in line with best practices, and one-stop shop for all services
- Fit-for-purpose offerings including free zone and non-free zone company formations
- To become a leading global investment destination
- Develop fit-for-purpose infrastructure and smart customer-centric business solutions enabling a comprehensive commercial, trade and manufacturing hub that helps our customers grow and attract diversified investments
- Strategic pillars: cost-effectiveness; efficient in everything we do; customised solutions; diversification; and experts with confidence
- Customers come first: simplified processes, one-stop-shops, expert client representatives, self-service client portal accessible 24/7
- Cost-effectiveness: cost of living, and cost of setting up and running a business is 50% less than the region
- Customisation of product and services: select from our wide-ranging business solutions according to your needs
- Continuously simplifying our processes, offering quick turnaround time for results, and implementing corporate governance according to global standards for increased transparency and reduced bureaucracy
- 3 service centres – these one-stop shops house all RAKEZ’s services, from licensing, visa and leasing, as well as a range of support services
- One-stop shops are focal points to various government entities, allow clients to process governmental applications in one go and in no time
- From Immigration, Chamber of Commerce and Civil Defence to Environment Protection and Development, and Department of Economic Development
- Online self-service platform that allows clients to access wide-ranging services 24/7