The Backyard at Steigenberger Re-Opens its Doors
We all need a place to unwind after a long day in the hustle and bustle of the city and what better place to enjoy some delicious food and drinks in a relaxed environment, than The Backyard at Steigenberger Hotel Business Bay, which re-opens the doors to its backyard garden this October offering the best of food and drink found in the streets of Bangkok and Thailand along with their very own specialties and authentic flavours.
The Backyard is one of the most unique street-art inspired urban outdoor spaces in the city, located in Business Bay with stunning views of the Dubai Water Canal. Renowned graffiti artist Rami gave the space personality with his creative murals and street graffiti decorations. Authentic Thai food coming from one of the best Thai kitchens in Dubai is served from a food truck among other food options to guests and the resident DJ’s set the vibe and atmosphere in the urban hangout, making it the perfect relaxed evening spot.
Thai food is extremely cleansing for the body as lots of natural herbs and spices are used in the dishes, which is perfect to get rid of those unwanted toxins. The Tum Yum soup; the hot and sour soup with chicken or prawns, straw mushrooms, chilli paste and Thai herbs, is regarded as one of the best to help detox the body along with The Lady Fingers which is great for those with high blood pressure. Chef Anan Tumya has taken the authentic Thai cuisine and has twisted the dishes to create his very own special versions such as Neua Khiuk Thiray or crispy fried marinated beef to creamy coconut soup with roasted duck to delicious desserts; Khao Mea tod and Thai banana fritters served with coconut ice cream.
The Backyard launches its theme nights from October as follows:
- Retro Monday’s take you back to the 60’s with DJ Rainier from 6 pm onwards.
- Every Wednesday is a street-style ladies’night with 3 complimentary drinks upon arrival and an upgrade to sparkles for AED 100.
- URBN Thursday is dedicated to the best of Hip Hop and RnB from 7:00 pm onwards.
- The Friday Urban BBQ is an all you can eat BBQ Buffet for 4-hours with unlimited house drinks from 4 pm onwards for only AED 299 with an early bird discount for the first 100 guests of AED 199 all-inclusive.
- The much-awaited Thai Street Food Festival will offer a live cooking station serving up an amazing feast of Bangkok’s Street food every Saturday from November 10th. Chef Anan Tumya will host a cooking show for foodies and ardent Thai lovers and guests can enjoy Thai street party music in the large open terrace with unparalleled views of the Dubai Water Canal from 4pm onwards.
The Backyard has been designed to offer a unique fun filled experience. Located on the terrace of Steigenberger Hotel Business Bay with happy hours every day between 4-7 pm. Opening hours are Sunday to Wednesday 4pm-2am and Thursday’s to Saturdays from 4pm-3am. For further information visit dubai.steigenberger.com or call 04 369 0000.